Seeger Weiss ranks among the nation’s preeminent law firms, with offices in:
Our widely-praised attorneys represent plaintiffs in personal injury claims, asbestos injury cases, mesothelioma injury cases, environmental, consumer fraud, qui tam, class action suits, mass tort litigation and commercial litigation. The firm has been in the forefront of developing creative theories of liability in the ever-changing litigation landscape.
The firm’s recent successes include:
- Co-lead counsel to NFL players and lead negotiator in the NFL concussion lawsuit. The $765 million settlement will compensate thousands of former NFL players who suffered brain-related injuries as a result of hits sustained throughout their careers.
- Lead Counsel for Plaintiffs in the Vioxx Litigation against Merck & Co. that resulted in historic $4.85 billion settlement of thousands of individual personal injury claims, making it one of the largest settlements of a mass litigation in United States history.
- Lead negotiator for Plaintiffs in a $700 million mass settlement with Eli Lilly & Co. in connection with personal injury claims involving its anti-schizophrenia drug, Zyprexa.
- Won a $47.5 million jury verdict as Trial Counsel for Plaintiffs in a personal injury lawsuit in New Jersey against Merck & Co. for Vioxx-related injuries, making it one of the largest verdicts ever in New Jersey.
- Lead Counsel for Plaintiffs in an $18 million jury verdict to two former Accutane users against Nutley, N.J.-based pharmaceutical companies Hoffmann La-Roche Inc. and Roche Laboratories.
- Lead negotiator and Co-Lead Counsel in a $41.5 million class action settlement with Merck & Co. and Schering-Plough Corp. in connection with third-party payer sales and marketing claims associated with the prescription drugs Zetia and Vytorin.
- Represented a relator in the groundbreaking case against Mohan and his business, Mohan’s Custom Tailors. This $5.5 million settlement was the first obtained under the 2010 tax whistleblower amendment to New York’s False Claims Act.
- Won an $11,050,000 jury verdict in March 2010, which followed a $4,500,000 jury verdict in September 2006, in Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri on behalf of neighboring landowners against an industrial hog farm for odor nuisance of a rural community in Northern Missouri.
SEEGER WEISS LLP is one of the nation’s leading plaintiffs’ law firms. The Firm currently numbers approximately 20 attorneys operating out of offices in New York City; Newark, NJ; and Philadelphia, PA. It focuses on mass tort and class action litigation, with particular emphasis in the areas of products liability, pharmaceutical injury, consumer protection, environmental and toxic tort, securities fraud, antitrust, insurance, ERISA, employment, and qui tam litigation. The Firm is made up of experienced litigators, including former state and federal prosecutors. Seeger Weiss’s reputation for leadership and innovation has resulted in its appointment to numerous plaintiffs’ steering and executive committees in a variety of multidistrict litigations throughout the United States, and it regularly serves as court-appointed Liaison Counsel in New York and New Jersey federal and state courts. The Firm’s manifold accomplishments have earned it the distinction of being named by theNational Law Journal to its exclusive “Plaintiffs’ Hot List,” among numerous awards and recognitions bestowed upon the firm.
Learn more about the attorneys who make up Seeger Weiss.
For more information, contact us.Free Case Evaluation
Legal action was recently filed against the Tropical Smoothie Café after patrons were exposed to the hepatitis A virus after drinking tropical smoothies sold by the national chain of restaurants. This initial [...]September 26, 2016 By: Seeger Weiss read more
Chevrolet’s so-called “clean diesel” models Cruze and Colorado emit higher levels of pollution than originally disclosed to the government, and more than the company claimed was emitted in its marketing [...]September 2, 2016 By: Seeger Weiss read more