Seeger Weiss ranks among the nation's preeminent law firms, with offices in:
Our widely-praised attorneys represent plaintiffs in personal injury claims, asbestos injury cases, mesothelioma injury cases, environmental, consumer fraud, qui tam, class action suits, mass tort litigation and commercial litigation. The firm has been in the forefront of developing creative theories of liability in the ever-changing litigation landscape.
The firm's recent successes include:
- Co-lead counsel to NFL players and lead negotiator in the NFL concussion lawsuit. The $765 million settlement will compensate thousands of former NFL players who suffered brain-related injuries as a result of hits sustained throughout their careers.
- Represented a relator in the groundbreaking case against Mohan and his business, Mohan's Custom Tailors. This $5.5 million settlement was the first obtained under the 2010 tax whistleblower amendment to New York's False Claims Act.
- Lead Counsel for Plaintiffs in an $18 million jury verdict to two former Accutane users against Nutley, N.J.-based pharmaceutical companies Hoffmann La-Roche Inc. and Roche Laboratories.
- Lead Counsel for Plaintiffs in the Vioxx Litigation against Merck & Co. that resulted in historic $4.85 billion settlement of thousands of individual personal injury claims, making it one of the largest settlements of a mass litigation in United States history.
- Lead negotiator for Plaintiffs in a $700 million mass settlement with Eli Lilly & Co. in connection with personal injury claims involving its anti-schizophrenia drug, Zyprexa.
- Lead negotiator and Co-Lead Counsel in a $41.5 million class action settlement with Merck & Co. and Schering-Plough Corp. in connection with third-party payer sales and marketing claims associated with the prescription drugs Zetia and Vytorin.
- Won a $47.5 million jury verdict as Trial Counsel for Plaintiffs in a personal injury lawsuit in New Jersey against Merck & Co. for Vioxx-related injuries, making it one of the largest verdicts ever in New Jersey.
- Won an $11,050,000 jury verdict in March 2010, which followed a $4,500,000 jury verdict in September 2006, in Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri on behalf of neighboring landowners against an industrial hog farm for odor nuisance of a rural community in Northern Missouri. Seeger Weiss continues to represent approximately 275 individuals in that litigation.
Seeger Weiss's lawyers have been recognized by co-counsel and adversaries alike as a "go to" firm. The firm has developed an extensive referral network for personal injury cases, as well as mass tort litigation and class actions litigation. Four of its partners have been elected to the prestigious Law Dragon rankings of the nation's top lawyers, and several more have been elected as "Super Lawyers" in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The National Law Journal has named Seeger Weiss to its prestigious Plaintiffs' Hot List the last three years in a row. In 2009, it praised the "renaissance litigation boutique" for its regular victories and large recoveries. No wonder the NLJ thinks that Seeger Weiss attorneys "rank among the country's top plaintiffs' lawyers."
Seeger Weiss is a trial firm. What separates our firm from most others is that we litigate each and every case as if it is going to “go the distance.” Our reputation as a trial firm is well known within the legal community and to defense firms and insurance companies across the bar. This reputation, and our willingness to fight for our clients’ rights through trial, is of paramount importance to reaching our ultimate goal of obtaining fair and just compensation for your injuries.
Learn more about the attorneys who make up Seeger Weiss.
For more information, contact us.
- Class Actions
- Commercial Litigation
- Defective Products
- Drug Injury
- Personal Injury
- Securities Fraud
- Toxic Exposure
- Whistleblower Claims
- Ocella, Yasmin, Yaz
- Sleeping Pills
- Aquafin Inc. Pool Solution
- Aveeno Lawsuit
- Atlas Roofing Lawsuit
- Avon/Clarins Products
- AZEK Decking
- BMW Alloy Wheels
- Carrier Air Conditioners
- Chinese Drywall
- Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing
- Electrolux Lawsuit
- Energy Drink Lawsuit
- Flushmate Systems
- Ford & Mercury Transmissions
- GAF Decking
- Goodman Air Conditioners
- GM Ignition Switch Defect
- Lennox Evaporator Coils
- LP/ABTCO TrimBoard
- Marvel Ice Machines
- Maytag Washing Machines
- Norcold Lawsuit
- Pella Designer & Architect Windows
- Pozzi and Jeld-Wen
- Premium Composites
- Rheem Evaporator Coils
- Seamless Steel Siding
- TimberTech Decking
- Triangle Tube Prestige Boiler
- Toyota Prius Tripling Windshield
- Yamaha Boating Motors
- York, Luxaire, Coleman AC