Jeffrey S. Grand
Jeffrey S. Grand focuses his practice on complex individual and class action litigation involving pharmaceutical injury, medical devices, and dangerous consumer products. Jeff’s practice includes liaison and leadership positions in a variety of complex cases centered in both state and federal court, where he frequently represents the interests of hundreds or thousands of claimants. Additionally, he often serves on plaintiffs’ discovery and expert committees. In these roles, Jeff has been involved in every facet of these complex cases: from pre-litigation strategy through discovery negotiations; through document productions, depositions, and expert development; to trial and resolution.Jeff currently is a member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee overseeing seven federal multidistrict litigations involving transvaginal mesh products. In this capacity, Jeff has made a significant contribution to the discovery of these cases and has been a member of multiple trial teams in both state and federal courts. Notably, Jeff was a member of the trial team in Gross v. Gynecare Inc. (admitted pro hac vice), a transvaginal mesh case which resulted in a plaintiffs’ verdict of over $11 million.
In the past, Jeff has served as a member of trial teams that obtained a $47.5 million verdict for Vioxx-related cardiovascular injury in Humeston v. Merck, Inc. (admitted pro hac vice) and several plaintiff victories in the Chinese Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation. He has had significant responsibilities in many other high-profile mass tort cases.
Prior to joining Seeger Weiss in 2004, Jeff was an associate at Jones Day LLP, where his practice focused on products liability litigation.
- New York
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
Memberships & Associations
- American Bar Association
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Human Rights First
- Hunter College
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA)
- Three And A Half Acres Yoga Foundation
- Member, Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, Pelvic Repair Systems Products Liability Litigation.
- Co-chair of Electronic Discovery and Depository Committees for In re: Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2592 (E.D.La).
- Co-chair of Electronic Discovery and Depository Committees for In re: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig, “Deepwater Horizon,” MDL No. 2179 (E.D.La.).
- Co-chair of Discovery Committee for In re: Yasmin and YAZ (Drospirenone) Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2100 (S.D. Ill.).
- Co-chair of Electronic Discovery Committee and Trial Team member for In re: Chinese-Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2047 (E.D.La.).
- Member of the Discovery and Trial Package Committees for In re: Vioxx Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1657 (E.D.La.).
*Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome in any future matter.