Parvin K. Aminolroaya
- Education & Admissions
- Contact Lawyer
Parvin K. Aminolroaya is a litigation associate in the firm’s New York office. Her practice focuses on class action, mass tort and complex commercial litigation involving consumer protection, investment fraud, and antitrust and pharmaceutical injury.
In the past several years, Parvin has worked on the following representative matters:
- Representation of plaintiffs in multidistrict litigation (“MDL”) against a major beverage producer involving allegations of false labeling and marketing of orange juice products; obtained denial of motion to dismiss and motion for summary judgment sought by defendant.
- Representation of consumer class in major MDL proceeding against manufacturer of vehicles that failed to meet diesel emissions standards.
- Representation of plaintiffs in MDL proceeding against manufacturer of defective decking; obtained denial of motion to dismiss.
- Obtained dismissal of or settled numerous avoidance action lawsuits against Madoff investors brought by Madoff Trustee under the Bankruptcy Code and the Securities Investor Protection Act.
- Represented family of deceased public safety officer in claim for federal death benefit.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (J.D., 2008; Editorial Board Member of the Moot Court Honor Society)
- Fordham University (B.A., 2004)
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Memberships and Associations:
- Executive Committee, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Alumni Association
- Vice Chair, Cardozo School of Law Black, Asian, Latino Law Students Association (“BALLSA”) Alumni Committee, (2012-2016)
- Co-Chair of Benjamin N. Cardozo of Law Alumni Association Dinner/Gala (2016, 2017)
- Member, American Bar Association
Honors and Awards:
- 2016 Young Leadership Award, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Alumni Association
- Jacob Burns Medal for outstanding contribution to Moot Court Benjamin N. Cardozo Writing Award
- Member of Championship team and coauthor of Best Brief at the 2007 regional rounds of the New York City Bar Association National Moot Court Competition
- Member of Second Place team and coauthor of Best Petitioner Brief at the 2007 Fordham Law School Irving R. Kaufman Memorial Securities Competition
- Moderator, Cardozo Law School BALLSA Alumni Group CLE: Tips from the Bench, moderated panel discussion with Ret. Hon. Ariel Belen, Hon. Dennis Nieves and Hon. Tanya Kennedy, April 2015
- Presenter, New York American Inn of Court CLE: Trial Practice and Experts, Presented March 2013
- Presenter, New York American Inn of Court CLE: Election Law, Presented October 2012
- Presenter, New York American Inn of Court CLE: The Fourth Amendment and Privacy, Presented April 2012
- Presenter, New York American Inn of Court CLE: Preservation, Cost-allocation, and Cooperation: An Exploration of E-Discovery Issues, Presented March 2011 (worked directly with Hon. Shira Scheindlin & Prof. Arthur Miller)