Rick is an associate with the firm. He practices in the areas of pharmaceutical drug injury, medical device liability and mass tort litigation. He graduated Montclair State College with a major in Political Science and earned his law degree from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center (J.D., 1998). Rick worked at Seeger Weiss from 1999 to 2013. After a brief hiatus to work on more entrepreneurial quests, he returned to the firm in 2018.
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Courts of the Eastern District of New York, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second & Third Circuits
Memberships and Associations
- American Association of Justice
- In re 3M Combat Arms Earplug Products Liability Litig., MDL No. 2885 (N.D. Florida). Member of the team representing thousands of former and active military plaintiffs against 3M, concerning serious and permanent injuries allegedly resulting from the use of the defective 3M earplug used during active duty in the military.
- In re Testosterone Replacement Therapy Prods. Liab. Litig., MDL No. 2545 (N.D. Ill.). Member of the team representing Plaintiffs in MDL and state court proceedings against the manufacturers of prescription testosterone products, for serious and potentially fatal injuries including Myocardial Infarction, Ischemic Stroke and Death. Cases currently pending settlement.
- In re Xarelto Prods. Liab. Litig., MDL No. 2592 (E.D. La). Member of the team representing hundreds of plaintiffs against Johnson & Johnson and Bayer AG, concerning serious and potentially fatal injuries allegedly resulting from the use of blood thinning medication Xarelto. Cases currently pending settlement.
- In re Depuy ASR Hip Implants Litig., MDL 2197 (N.D. Ohio); In re Depuy ASR Hip Implants Litig., No. 293 (N.J. Super. Ct. Bergen Cty). Member of the team for the coordinated New Jersey proceedings against Johnson & Johnson and subsidiary Depuy Orthopaedics on behalf of thousands of victims who received Depuy’s defective ASR hip replacement, which resulted in revision/replacement surgeries, infections, and further complications.
- In re Proton-Pump Inhibitor Prods. Liab. Litig., MDL No. 2789 (D.N.J.) Member of the Seeger Weiss team representing a consolidated multidistrict litigation of about 195 federal lawsuits against pharmaceutical giants Pfizer Inc., AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, Novartis Consumer Health Inc., Proctor & Gamble Co. and Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., alleging that their proton pump inhibitor (PPI) drugs—which more than 15 million Americans use—cause serious kidney injury.
- In re Risperdal Litigation, No. 100300296 (Ct. Com. Pl Philadelphia Cty, PA). Member of the team representing hundreds of victims against Janssen Pharmaceuticals and Johnson & Johnson, manufacturers of antipsychotic medication Risperdal. Plainitffs alleged various side effects resulting from use of the drug, including serious health problems like stroke, diabetes, and high blood sugar, as well as gynecomastia; development of breasts in young male users that requires reconstructive surgery to correct.
*Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome in any future matter.