$1.7 Million Settlement – Medical Malpractice

Seeger Weiss Obtains $1.7 Million Recovery for Physician’s Failure to Diagnose Renal Disease in Timely Manner In a medical malpractice case pending in Supreme Court, Bronx County, Seeger Weiss came to a $1.7 million settlement agreement earlier this month on behalf of a client who has been diagnosed with end stage renal disease. The case, […]

August 9, 2010

Medical Malpractice

Seeger Weiss Obtains $1.7 Million Recovery for Physician’s Failure to Diagnose Renal Disease in Timely Manner

In a medical malpractice case pending in Supreme Court, Bronx County, Seeger Weiss came to a $1.7 million settlement agreement earlier this month on behalf of a client who has been diagnosed with end stage renal disease.

The case, brought against our client’s primary care physician, alleged that the physician’s failed to recognize signs and symptoms of kidney dysfunction over a period of nearly two years. In addition, this failure to diagnose and treat the client’s condition in its early stages was a significant factor in our client’s current diagnosis of advanced renal disease.

“This case underscores the importance of closely monitoring even routine blood test results,” said Seeger Weiss partner Marc S. Albert. “Simply put, this client’s kidney disease should have been diagnosed much earlier than it ultimately was. Unfortunately, blood tests over nearly a two year period, which showed elevated and continuously rising Creatinine and BUN levels—clear indications of renal disease—were not being carefully reviewed by his physician.”

During the course of the case, our client appeared on a CBS News special highlighting a problem that has become somewhat endemic in the medical field: physicians’ cavalier approach to reviewing patient’s test results. CBS, in a recent news story, reported on a number of patients—including our client—who had serious medical conditions slip through the cracks when test results were not carefully evaluated by their physician.

“We are extremely satisfied with what we feel is a just result for our client in this case,” said Mr. Albert.

Notwithstanding claims relating to this product, the drug/medical device remains approved by the U.S. FDA.

Related News

August 22, 2025
Fifteen Seeger Weiss Attorneys Selected For Inclusion in the 2026 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America

Seeger Weiss LLP is proud to announce that 15 of its attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2026 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, including in the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America, and Lawyer of the Year lists. These attorneys have been celebrated for their work in mass tort and […]

Read More
August 4, 2025
Lawdragon Names Five Seeger Weiss Partners to 2025 500 Leading Global Litigators List

Lawdragon has recognized five Seeger Weiss partners—Chris Seeger, Stephen Weiss, David Buchanan, Jennifer Scullion, and Parvin Aminolroaya—in their 2025 Lawdragon 500 Leading Global Litigators list. This annual guide honors lawyers who “assiduously work to resolve disputes between nations, bring justice for human rights abuses, address financial fraud that crosses borders and unearth stashed assets.” The […]

Read More
July 31, 2025
Seeger Weiss Founding Partner Christopher Seeger Appointed Plaintiffs’ Lead Negotiation Counsel in Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Litigation

Seeger Weiss founding partner Christopher Seeger has been appointed Plaintiffs’ Lead Negotiation Counsel in the Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Litigation by the Honorable Judge Rukhsanah L. Singh of the District of New Jersey. The multidistrict litigation includes nearly 60,000 pending cases of women who developed ovarian cancer after using Johnson & Johnson’s Baby Powder, […]

Read More