Parvin K. Aminolroaya Partner
Parvin is a partner in the firm’s New York office. Her practice focuses on class action, mass tort and complex commercial litigation involving consumer protection, investment fraud, and antitrust and pharmaceutical injury.
United States District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, District of New Jersey
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2008 (Editorial Board Member of the Moot Court Honor Society)
B.A., Fordham University, 2004
Conversational Persian (Farsi)
Memberships & Associations
- Executive Committee, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Alumni Association
- Vice Chair, Cardozo School of Law Black, Asian, Latino Law Students Association (“BALLSA”) Alumni Committee, (2012-2016)
- Co-Chair of Benjamin N. Cardozo of Law Alumni Association Dinner/Gala (2016, 2017)
- Member, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Dean’s Council on Diversity and Inclusion, Committee on Careers
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Association of Justice
- Represented family of deceased public safety officer in claim for federal death benefit.
Publications & Presentations
Moderator, Cardozo Law School BALLSA Alumni Group CLE: Tips from the Bench, moderated panel discussion with Ret. Hon. Ariel Belen, Hon. Dennis Nieves and Hon. Tanya Kennedy, April 2015
Presenter, New York American Inn of Court CLE: Trial Practice and Experts, Presented March 2013
Presenter, New York American Inn of Court CLE: Election Law, Presented October 2012
Presenter, New York American Inn of Court CLE: The Fourth Amendment and Privacy, Presented April 2012
Presenter, New York American Inn of Court CLE: Preservation, Cost-allocation, and Cooperation: An Exploration of E-Discovery Issues, Presented March 2011 (worked directly with Hon. Shira Scheindlin & Prof. Arthur Miller)
- Representing plaintiffs as part of the Steering Committee and Science Committee in multidistrict litigation (MDL) against Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceuticals, claiming that Invokana, the type-2 diabetes drug, caused injuries such as diabetic ketoacidosis and kidney damage.
- Member of trial team representing Oregon plaintiff as part of an MDL against pharmaceutical giant AbbVie, for fraudulently marketing testosterone drug AndroGel; the plaintiff was awarded $150 million in punitive damages by a federal jury in Chicago. Involvement included preparing former FDA Commissioner for testimony in two trials.
- Represented consumer class in major MDL proceeding against Volkswagen, which failed to meet diesel emissions standards, resulting in a $14.7 billion settlement, the biggest corporate settlement in history, including $4 billion awarded to consumers. Involvement included discovery responsibilities and oversight of settlement claims process.
- Represented plaintiffs in MDL against Simply Orange, a brand of the Coca-Cola Company, involving allegations of false labeling and marketing of orange juice products; obtained denial of motion to dismiss and motion for summary judgment sought by defendant and certification of an issues class. Involvement included substantial brief writing and expert discovery responsibilities.
- Represented plaintiffs in MDL against Tropicana, a brand of PepsiCo, involving allegations of false labeling and marketing of orange juice products; obtained denial of motion to dismiss. Involvement included brief writing and substantial expert discovery responsibilities.
- Represented plaintiffs in MDL proceeding against CPG International LLC (CPG) for manufacturing and selling defective decking; obtained denial of motion to dismiss. Involvement included substantial brief writing, discovery, expert work, and settlement negotiation responsibilities.
- Obtained dismissal of or settled numerous avoidance action lawsuits seeking to recover tens of millions of dollars from clients, brought by the Madoff Trustee under the Bankruptcy Code and the Securities Investor Protection Act.