$1.7 Million Settlement – Medical Malpractice

Seeger Weiss Obtains $1.7 Million Recovery for Physician’s Failure to Diagnose Renal Disease in Timely Manner In a medical malpractice case pending in Supreme Court, Bronx County, Seeger Weiss came to a $1.7 million settlement agreement earlier this month on behalf of a client who has been diagnosed with end stage renal disease. The case, […]

August 9, 2010

Medical Malpractice

Seeger Weiss Obtains $1.7 Million Recovery for Physician’s Failure to Diagnose Renal Disease in Timely Manner

In a medical malpractice case pending in Supreme Court, Bronx County, Seeger Weiss came to a $1.7 million settlement agreement earlier this month on behalf of a client who has been diagnosed with end stage renal disease.

The case, brought against our client’s primary care physician, alleged that the physician’s failed to recognize signs and symptoms of kidney dysfunction over a period of nearly two years. In addition, this failure to diagnose and treat the client’s condition in its early stages was a significant factor in our client’s current diagnosis of advanced renal disease.

“This case underscores the importance of closely monitoring even routine blood test results,” said Seeger Weiss partner Marc S. Albert. “Simply put, this client’s kidney disease should have been diagnosed much earlier than it ultimately was. Unfortunately, blood tests over nearly a two year period, which showed elevated and continuously rising Creatinine and BUN levels—clear indications of renal disease—were not being carefully reviewed by his physician.”

During the course of the case, our client appeared on a CBS News special highlighting a problem that has become somewhat endemic in the medical field: physicians’ cavalier approach to reviewing patient’s test results. CBS, in a recent news story, reported on a number of patients—including our client—who had serious medical conditions slip through the cracks when test results were not carefully evaluated by their physician.

“We are extremely satisfied with what we feel is a just result for our client in this case,” said Mr. Albert.

Notwithstanding claims relating to this product, the drug/medical device remains approved by the U.S. FDA.

Related News

July 28, 2026
Seeger Weiss Named Pharmaceutical Litigation Practice Group of the Year at the National Law Journal’s 2026 Elite Trial Lawyers Awards

Seeger Weiss has been named as Pharmaceutical Litigation Practice Group of the Year at the National Law Journal’s 2026 Elite Trial Lawyers Awards. This honor is reflects to the Seeger Weiss team’s efforts throughout the entire Pharmaceutical Litigation practice area, but specifically the firm’s work on the GLP-1 RA and Depo-Provera litigations. Partner Parvin Aminolroaya […]

Read More
July 28, 2026
Plaintiffs Reach Uncapped Global Settlement With J&J, Company to Pay Minimum of $5.8 Billion to Resolve Talc Litigation After More Than a Decade

The Plaintiffs’ Negotiation Committee in multi-district litigation 2738 (District of New Jersey), with the support and endorsement of the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee and the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, announces today that it has reached a historic uncapped global settlement with J&J, Company to pay a minimum $5.8 billion settlement to resolve all current and pending talcum […]

Read More
June 29, 2026
Seeger Weiss Earns Tier 1 Ranking in the 2026 Legal 500 USA Guide

Seeger Weiss is proud to announce that the firm has been selected for a Tier 1 ranking in the 2026 Legal 500 USA Guide in the Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action: Plaintiff category. Founding Partner Christopher Seeger was selected for inclusion in the category’s Hall of Fame in recognition of his continued leadership […]

Read More