Skip to content

Seeger Weiss Investigates Catastrophic Waterloo, NY Bus Accident

Seeger Weiss is investigating the July 22nd catastrophic bus crash in Waterloo, NY where a tractor-trailer collided with a New York bound tour bus. The tractor-trailer driver was the sole fatality in the crash. Despite the fact that the tour bus burst into flames following impact, all bus passengers survived, thanks in large part to […]

July 22, 2011

Seeger Weiss is investigating the July 22nd catastrophic bus crash in Waterloo, NY where a tractor-trailer collided with a New York bound tour bus. The tractor-trailer driver was the sole fatality in the crash. Despite the fact that the tour bus burst into flames following impact, all bus passengers survived, thanks in large part to the reported assistance of a soldier who was driving behind the bus at the time of the accident. Of the 53 people on the bus, 30 were injured, with two suffering critical injuries.

Seeger Weiss is uniquely positioned to investigate this case due to its experience representing clients involved in the strikingly similar “Windsor Wildcats” bus accident in 2005. The Wildcats crash occurred when a bus carrying members of a Windsor, Ontario, girls’ hockey team collided with an illegally parked tractor-trailer in Geneseo, N.Y., causing multiple fatalities and severe injuries. During a liability-phase trial in 2009, Seeger Weiss maintained that the sleep-deprived bus driver was negligently trained and supervised by defendant bus company Coach Canada. After several days of trial, the defendants stipulated to liability, with Coach Canada assuming legal responsibility for 90% of the accident, and the tractor-trailer defendants, including J&J Hauling Inc., assuming the remaining 10%. Following that stipulation of liability, Seeger Weiss obtained a jury verdict of $2.25 million on behalf of three of the Wildcats teammates for various non-fatal injuries they suffered. Seeger Weiss represents 11 victims of the Wildcats accident, including the family of two passengers of the bus who were tragically killed in the accident.

Contact Us

If you would like to speak to Seeger Weiss about our investigation of the Waterloo bus crash, please contact us today. Attorney consultations incur no obligation on your part and all initial consultations are free of charge. Seeger Weiss LLP has office locations in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and California.

Related News

December 1, 2022
Seeger Weiss now accepting applicants for 2023 Diversity Fellowship

Seeger Weiss LLP announced today that the application period for the firm’s 2023 Diversity Fellowship is now open. Seeger Weiss is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable workplace where team members from all backgrounds can thrive and grow. We believe that diversity makes workplaces, institutions, and our world stronger, smarter, more resilient, and more just. […]

Read More
November 11, 2022
Chris Seeger appointed co-lead counsel in In Re: Social Media Adolescent Addiction/Personal Injury Products Liability Litigation

Seeger Weiss is proud to announce founder Chris Seeger has been appointed to serve as co-lead counsel in the In Re: Social Media Adolescent Addiction/Personal Injury Products Liability Litigation by the honorable Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers. Seeger was one of three lawyers selected to lead the multidistrict litigation pending in the Northern District of California, […]

Read More
November 4, 2022
Seeger Weiss founding partner Chris Seeger helps negotiate $10 billion agreements with Walgreens and CVS in National Prescription Opiate Litigation

Seeger Weiss founding partner Chris Seeger along with partner Jennifer Scullion helped lead the National Prescription Opiate Litigation team in negotiations with Walgreens and CVS that culminated in over $10 billion in settlement agreements to help communities across the country ravaged by the opioid epidemic. In addition to Seeger and Scullion, negotiations were led by […]

Read More