Carlos F. Rivera Associate
Carlos is a litigation associate in the firm’s New York and New Jersey offices. His practice focuses on drug injury, product liability and mass tort litigation.
United States District Court, District of New Jersey
J.D., Rutgers University School of Law – Newark, 2015
B.A., Dickinson College, 2010
Memberships & Associations
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey
- Multidistrict litigation (MDL) proceeding against Volkswagen, which failed to meet diesel emissions standards, resulting in a $14.7 billion settlement, the biggest corporate settlement in history, including $4 billion awarded to consumers. Involvement included guiding clients to through the settlement process.
- MDL against Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceuticals, claiming that Invokana, the type-2 diabetes drug, caused injuries such as diabetic ketoacidosis and kidney damage. Involvement included overseeing the document review process across all plaintiffs firms.
- MDL against Johnson and Johnson and Bayer AG, representing approximately one dozen lawsuits associated with the blood thinning medication Xarelto, alleging that the companies failed to properly inform patients and doctors about the risks of using the medication. Involvement included document review.
- Prior to becoming an associate, as a paralegal at Seeger Weiss involvement included client intake and medical records review and discovery in various drug and medical device injury class actions, including Accutane, Transvaginal Mesh, and Yaz/Yasmin/Ocella.